There are two main modules in SLZB-06 that can be flashed and updated, these are:
- ESP32, which is responsible for all other operation of the device: connection to Ethernet and Wi-Fi, operation of additional systems such as LEDs. The current firmware of this module is available at the official SLZB-06 Firmware repository:open in new window;
- CC2652P, which controls the Zigbee network. It is flashed with Z-Stack 3.x.0 firmware available at the official Z-Stack 3.x.0 repository:open in new window.
Over the Air (OTA) update
- Download latest Zigbee firmware. SLZB-06 Adapter is based on CC6252P from Texas Instruments. Firmwares are based on Z-Stack. You can see the best one here Koenkk Z-Stack firmware on Githubopen in new window. Use frmware with a tag "...other_coordinator_";
- Go to SLZB-06 web interface;
- Select menu item "System tools" and press "Zigbee Flash Mode". Go to menu Console and Browser and re-check that console contains message "Now you can flash Zigbee!"
- Use for flashing any of the tools described at Zigbee2MQTT official web page here:open in new window. We reccomend to use official Texas Instruments flashing software.
- Restart your adapter (by pressing button "Restart ESP" at meny "System and Tools")
- Download the latest firmware from official SLZB-06 Firmware repositoryopen in new window;
- Go to the web interface of the device;
- Go to the System and Tools section. In the "ESP32 Update" card
Update with J-TAG
SLZB-06 adapter contains DIY pinouts that enable users to flashe directly by J-TAG. Please note, that pin-outs are 1.27mm size, not commonly used 2.54mm size.
Updating ESP32 Over the Air (distantly)
If your SLZB-06 device has a LAN connection, you can update the ESP32 firmware remotely via Over-the-Air (OTA) updates feature. To update the firmware via OTA, follow these steps:
- click Choose file;
- select the firmware (*.bin file) and
- Click ESP32 OTA Update.
4. Wait for the firmware to finish and reboot the device
Updating ESP32 via USB
If your SLZB-06 device is not connected to LAN or you want to flash ESP32 via USB for other reasons, it can be easily done via USB cable. For this purposes you need:
- A computer with Windows or Mac installed;
- USB - Type-C cable.
To flash via USB, follow these steps:
- Download the flashing software. We recommend using ESP_Flasher, which can be downloaded from this official link at Githubopen in new window;
- Download the latest firmware version from official SLZB-06 Firmware repositoryopen in new window;
- Using USB cable, connect SLZB-06 to your computer;
- Run the ESP_Flasher program and
- Select Serial-port in the Serial port section;
- In the Firmware section, select the file with your firmware;
- Press the "Flash ESP" button.
- Wait for the firmware to complete.